Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weekly Recipe: Lemon Poppyseed Cake

I've decided to start a new series on this blog where I post a recipe once a week. This won't be any glamorous food blog entry, just a way to record one of my favorite recipes. The series may go through themes - maybe I'll even start posting pictures?! Don't get your hopes up, though.

The first recipe is my mother's Lemon Poppyseed Cake. It is delicious, moist, lemon-y (of course!) and incredibly simple to make.

Ingredients:
1 Box Reg. Yellow Cake Mix
1 Small Instant Pudding Mix (lemon)
3/4 c Oil
3/4 c. Water
3/4 c. Lemon Juice (I only had a 1/2 c, but it was still good)
1/4 c Poppyseeds
6 eggs

Instructions:
Prehead oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients. Grease and flour a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans. Bake for 35-45 minutes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home