Thursday, November 09, 2006

Knitting Projects

It has been so long since I wrote about knitting that you may believe I no longer knit. I have found that I go through phases of intense knitting or reading. While I am in my reading phase, I may read 3-4 books without picking up a pair of knitting needles and vice versa.

There has not been much progress on my current projects, but I was inspired by visiting our friend's new baby (the one who the baby blanket was for) that I knit a hat in an evening. It is incredibly adorable, see below, but potentially a little too big for a 7-week old baby. I'm hoping he can wear it sometime this winter, but I may need to start a new one that is smaller.

Digital pictures are a bit more difficult to come by since I discovered that my tiny digital camera is broken. I tell you this only so that you appreciate the effort I put into taking these pictures for your viewing pleasure.

And again for your viewing pleasure I present...The Cat in the Hat!


And now that I'm embarrased Cairo in front of his sister and the whole world on the internet, I'll give you some more flattering portraits of the pair. On the left is Cairo (sans hat) and on the right is Nairobi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home