Saturday, February 03, 2007

FO: Baby Shrug

This was sort of a mystery project at least as far as this blog. It was never a work in progress and suddenly, BAM, another finished object!

A few weeks ago, John and I went to Baltimore to go to the NFL playoff game between the Colts and Ravens. While we were up there, we go to meet up with one of John's old fraternity brothers who lives there with his wife and daughter. This was the first time I had met them and of course I was inspired to start a new project for the baby as soon as I got home. I was able to use some yarn from my stash and knit this one up in 2-3 weeks. Just in time to meet up with them again today for lunch!

Pattern: Baby Shrug from Debbie Bliss SimplyBaby
Size: 12-18 months
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora #15510
Needles: Size 5 and 6

I would definitely knit this pattern again. Not only was it FAST but it is feminine and would be cute in so many colors. I also think it is very usable for babies because you don't have to worry about buttons or any other closures! It is knit in one piece so there were only 2 seams (the sides and the sleeves) to sew. I realize though that finishing is less forgiving on larger guage projects, so I'm not perfectly happy with the seams. I don't think anyone will notice except other knitters, but after re-seaming 2-3 times I was ready to accept imperfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home