Wednesday, June 24, 2009

So Far, So Good

6/24
I am 5 weeks (4 weeks and 4 days) pregnant. After one year and two early losses, it looks like I might finally be on my way to a baby. With my past experience, I'm worried that positive tests may turn negative and I have about 7 positive pregnancy tests to prove it!

The good news is that the tests are getting darker so it looks like this little one might stick around a bit longer. My first appointment is on 7/9 and I hope that we'll be able to see a heartbeat at that appointment.

Every day I stay pregnant feels like a great accomplishment at this point, but I also feel detached from my pregnancy. Symptoms (which mostly include absolute exhaustion at this point) make me happy, but it feels more like a happy dream than reality so far.

Unlike the last time, I didn't share the news with J in any cute way. I took a Dollar Store test on 6/18 that looked negative at first, but the dye movement me second guess it before throwing it away and I tested with one of the expensive tests. The tests seemed to get a bit darker with time ("darker" being relative as I had to take the test apart and hold it against the light to see anything at all), but I thought I was just seeing lines I wanted to be there. J was asleep, so I woke him up and asked him to see if he could see anything on the test. Shockingly, he thought the test was convincingly positive!!! After the test sat for about 30 minutes, the line on the expensive test actually was pretty convincing.

As of today, I have 4 positive Dollar Store tests, 2 positive FRER tests, and 1 positive digital test in my collection. Luckily for me, I only have another 4 pregnancy tests in my collection which should be enough to get me through the 2 week wait (why is waiting always in 2 week increments?) to my ultrasound.

Although we are still very much in "wait and see" mode, if all goes well we may have a baby around February 27, 2010!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home