Friday, December 01, 2006

The Stash

It is possibly due to the fact that I finally live in only one city for the entire year...but I have finally accumulated a yarn stash. I used to pride myself on buying yarn by the project. I'd buy yarn with a project in mind and be SO excited to start that I would actually start. This resulted in plenty of unfinished projects, but not much unclaimed yarn lying around.

Currently, however, I have bags of yarn in the office, living room, bedroom, and every storage basket in the apartment. Bags of yarn that I have absolutely no idea if or when I will ever use them. Bags of yarn that make me really, really happy to have around.

Some of this yarn was accumulated through yarn sales and local yarn stores. Most of it was accumulated through online yarn shopping sprees when work puts me in a bad mood. Uh oh...I may have become a yarn-shop-a-holic.

My sisters are definitely shop-a-holics. Nothing brightens their day faster than purchasing a new shirt or jewelry. I've never understood their desire or ability to spend hours in the mall. I've always dreaded shopping, it seemed much too girly--this explains why so much of my wardrobe is (1) from high school or (2) hand-me-downs from my younger, and much more fashion conscious, sisters. But give me the ability to buy yarn in pajamas and, apparently, I too have an inner shop-a-holic.

My mom has a veritable yarn store worth of yarn in our basement at home. My father loves to warn J about the dangers of yarn-buying addictions but meets with limited success. J apparently has too much faith in my ability to control my habit or does not yet comprehend how bad it may become...

And, no, I still have no progress on the baby sweater. Yes, baby keeps growing and my deadline gets closer and closer. While I do not have the attention span to knit adult-sized garmets, I also seem to lack the focus to complete child-sized projects on schedule. At least I know that I have plenty of yarn to keep my company while I procrastinate!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous iheng said...

haha, nice. I enjoy buying yarn quite a bit too.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home